JOB TITLE: Weapons Systems Engineer/Test and Evaluation Manager
You will collaboratively support multiple contractor site projects for a variety of Air Force, as well as other DOD and Federal, acquisition program offices. Project periods of performance will likely be episodic and asynchronous.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and applying systems engineering analysis and related methodologies in support of a major weapon system modernization and sustainment programs.
- Work with mid- and senior-level government and prime contractor personnel to complete all task assignments.
- Analyze existing engineering-based strategies and documentation relative to regulatory format requirements
- Define and coordinate engineering-based mitigation strategies to resolve known and projected shortfalls
- Update and revise system engineering and acquisition management documentation to comply with execution requirements.
Assist with the development and execution of Test and Evaluation strategies and associated documents, plans, briefings and related meetings/sessions:
- Test & Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) development, coordination and updating
- Test strategy development and coordination for “buy-in”
- Creation of T&E documents
- Updating existing T&E documents
- Guidance and assistance in “socializing” T&E strategy/documents with various oversight organizations
- Assistance during the TEMP coordination process, including updates
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 10 years of systems engineering and/or test and evaluation experience; at least 3 of these years in a leadership position
- Engineering/test experience as a member of an acquisition team
- Extensive knowledge of engineering and test policies and procedures and application to development, production and fielding of major weapon systems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and a part of a collaborative team
- Proven capability to develop innovative strategies and implement them.
- DAWIA Level I and II certification
- Excellent communications skills, both writing and verbal; excellent listening skills and be able to work collaboratively with customers and colleagues.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Broad experience with development, coordination and communication of systems engineering-based strategies and recommendations with mid- and senior-level personnel
- DAWIA Level III certification
- Extensive familiarity with regulatory and statutory guidance involving systems engineering-based strategies and documentation (i.e., Systems Engineering Plans) and implementation into major weapon systems
WORK LOCATION: Washington, DC
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Secret, TS desired
KEY WORDS: Weapons system engineer, test and evaluation
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.