JOB TITLE: Pharmacist
Provide Clinical and Transformational Operations Management Support to the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED). Project includes program management support services, performance-based clinical and transformation management, business process improvement and decision support activities, which provide best business practices that support and enhance the overall mission capabilities.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic and Regional Program Management Support to help pharmacy drive Navy Medicine’s strategic goals
- Provide BUMED’s M3 support with successful pharmacy operations planning and execution of its key strategic projects and business initiatives
- Provide strategic communication support to the Navy Pharmacy community
- Analyze DHA organizational changes, identify areas that will impact the Navy Pharmacy program and make recommendations for change
- Participate in conference, training events, as required
- Provide monitoring and evaluation of pharmacy metrics
- Provide a pilot pharmacy inventory optimization model at a Navy Military Treatment Facility and on a seagoing MTF
- Review current pharmacy operations and provide current status and recommendations to improve operations
- Review and recommend performance standards for improving Navy Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide strategic and effective communications to the Navy Pharmacy Advisory Board (NPAB)
- Develop and implement pharmacy patient experience improvement standard to impact quality of service and improved patient outcomes
- Assist with the development and implementation of a Pharmacy Dispensing Front Window Dashboard to manage Outpatient Prescription Workflow
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a four-year bachelor’s degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education
- At least 10 years’ experience in a clinical capacity, preferably in the Navy
- Ability to provide accurate and current advice on a variety of pharmacy issues including in-patient and our patient pharmacy operations, compounding of prescriptions of physicians, dentists, and other licensed practitioners
- Ability to provide accurate and current advice on the formulation, preparation, bulk compounding, selection dispensing and preservation of drugs, medicines and chemicals.
- Research and investigate developing special vehicles or variations of standard formulas to meet patient needs
- Ability to evaluate and perform surveillance of drugs for safety and efficacy.
- Independent, self-directed and able to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with experience in supporting multiple simultaneous activities and tasks
- Proven capability to develop innovative strategies and implement them.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Reads, speaks, understands, writes proficiently in English.
- Proficient in MS Office
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- DoD, preferably, US Navy experience
- Experience in Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery or other Service or Department headquarters activity
- Experience developing and implementing Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Experience supporting Medical Home Port/Navigator Program, Health Information Management (HIM), Integrated Health Community (IHC), Navy Pharmacy Operations, or Special Clinical Programs (Women’s Health Programs).
WORK LOCATION: Falls Church, VA
The contractor may perform work under the contract, usually on a TDY basis, throughout the Fifty (50) states within the United States (US) and as well as all US Territories and Overseas.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Able to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance
KEY WORDS: • Physician, Doctor, BUMED, Clinical, DoD, Navy, Osteopathy , clinical, board certified, Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG), Chief Medical Officer, Medical Home Port, Health Information Management (HIM), Integrated Health Community (IHC), Navigator, Navy Pharmacy Operations, or Women’s Health, Special Clinical Programs, Health Service Support, Business Process Reengineering; ), Integrated Medical Home Services; Defense Health Agency (DHA); Navy Pharmacy Advisory Board (NPAB); pharmacy operations;
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.