JOB TITLE: Civil Affairs, Civil Military Operations Analyst
MTSS provides Pre-Deployment Training to United States Marine Corps (USMC) operating forces within a Joint and combined environment to improve USMC warfighting skills. Realistic computer-based simulation training; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) training; Combined Arms Staff Trainer (CAST) training; MAGTF Tactical Warfare Simulation (MTWS) and; Deployable Virtual Training Environment (DVTE) for individual Marines through senior Marine Corps commanders and their battle staffs is provided at multiple Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) sites.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
***THIS IS A PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY***
Our Civil Affairs Analyst Conducts tactical, operational, and strategic planning at the conceptual, functional, and detailed levels for service and functional component organizations and joint/combined headquarters organizations in the area of Civil Affairs/Civil Military Operations. Advises and performs the functional responsibilities of event billets that may include but are not limited to General and Joint staff sections for service and functional component headquarters and Joint Force Headquarters per area of emphasis.
- Performs research of CA/CMO concepts and plans and conducts analysis of factual data
- Prepares reports, briefs, and documents to support event scenario development and higher and adjacent headquarters functions
- Participates in and conducts reviews and structured walk-throughs of events, operation orders and plans, and information gathering requirements
- Creates and edits documents, analyzes problem areas, and suggests feasible solutions
- Attends conferences and meetings at the resident site and other locations off site
- Assists in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and briefings
- Prepares and presents CA/CMO course material
- Provides how-to instruction on detailed and functional CA/CMO planning to planning teams
- Observes and provides training, product/process review and after-action feedback to selected elements of MAGTF CMO Cell/Civil Affairs Group (CAG) that operates at the Secret security level during MSTP supported exercises and events
- Assists the MSTP IMA Detachment with exercise information, systems training/familiarization, and role-playing responsibilities
- Prepared to assume the role of an event OTC to support the MSTP MAGTF Branch when required
- Participates in CA/CMO working groups, advocacy boards, and training courses at the Secret security level
- Reviews, revises, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents, best practices, and TTP not covered by doctrine (i.e., Marine Corps Interim Publication, MSTP Pamphlet)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years of experience in military training and education
- Attendance at appropriate career development courses or completion of equivalent nonresident courses required
- Minimum six years of operational experience in CMO/CA or related fields
- Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of CMO/CA doctrine, procedures, and command relationships at the operational command level
- Minimum two years of cumulative training, education, on-the-job training, and assignment to CA/CMO billets
- Direct participation in real world operations is preferred.
- Clearance: Position requires, at a minimum, a secret.
- Passport: Must have a valid U.S. passport within 120 days of assignment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC or completion of equivalent nonresident course preferred
- Major in political science, management, military science, or equivalent area is desired
- Direct participation in real world operations and joint/combined exercises is desired
WORK LOCATION: Camp Lejeune, NC
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Secret, TS desirable
KEY WORDS: MTSS, MSTP, Civil Affairs, Civil Military Operations, CA, CMO
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.